OFFICE OF THE HON ED HUSIC MP
SHADOW MINISTER FOR THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
SHADOW MINISTER FOR EMPLOYMENT SERVICES,
WORKPLACE PARTICIPATION AND FUTURE OF WORK
MEMBER FOR CHIFLEY
OFFICE MANAGER (EOB)
Applications are invited for the above full-time position based in Western Sydney.
The principal duties of the position include:
- Managing the MP’s electorate office team and workflow;
- Liaising with Government departments and other organisations to help resolve matters on behalf of electorate constituents; and,
- Organising and scheduling the MP’s appointments, managing corresponding travel arrangements.
The skills most valued for this role include:
- Prior office experience along with experience in managing small teams;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong ability to multitask;
- Experience in building, managing – and reporting on – office budgets; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Applicants would ideally possess:
- Experience in a ministerial or parliamentary office environment;
- An aptitude for public service and problem solving in challenging circumstances.
While not essential, applicants registered as Justices of the Peace will be highly valued.
The role is classified as an EOB position, offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 with conditions outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2012-2015.
A salary within the range $64,153 – $74,900pa will be determined commensurate with relevant skills and experience. In addition, an allowance of up to $15,495pa is payable in lieu of additional hours.
This position may require the occasional interstate travel. During these times the successful applicant would be entitled to claim travel allowance.
A probationary period of three (3) months will apply to the successful candidate.
Applications including cover letter, CV (including the names of two referees), and a statement (no more than 3 pages) addressing the criteria above should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00pm, 17 November, 2017.
For further information, please contact:
(02) 9625 4344